A Sunday picture.

A picture to express my feelings and those around me about what happened and what’s to come. A feeling that only art can capture, A feeling that is coming close to grief. Grief for a way of life that has come to an end. A way of life that will be something else in the future. That would be okay, but everything is still hazy. There a lot of unknown knowns.

I was looking at some new David Hockney art which was produced solely on an iPad. Welcome to the digital world. I thought why not? For the bulk of my work, 95% of it is digital. The remaining 5% my be film, but I still scan it to be able to work on it.


I found some new editing apps for my phone. I started playing and testing. Most of my work was done in some kind of etheral black and white filtering. I wanted to see what it would so with color work. I made the original base layer and added more and more. Somewhere in the middle of this work I had an idea. A concept to work toward. For me, this picture is about the hard work and sorrow that goes on in a hospital in the era of Covid-19. And, grief.

It might be something different to you. That’s okay.

I’d tell you what app and what I did. I have no idea what I did. I use to write this stuff down. I found that stopping to write gets in the way of the flow of the work. And, the app? heh, heh, heh.

Stay safe. Enjoy every sandwich.

Published by Ray Laskowitz

I am a visual storyteller. I've been making pictures for some 40 years. I travel the world in search of the right image. in the right light at the right time. You can reach me by phone at 505.280.4686, or by email at or For a quick look at my work please go to

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: