Traces


The caption says it best. All on a wall. I was headed to my car after having coffee with Kim of Glover Gardens. She happened to be passing through on her way from Bay St. Louis to Houston. After she went her way and I went mine I saw this art-driven store. I looked inContinue reading “Traces”

Santa Fe


” She’s a good girl, loves her mama, Loves Jesus and America too She’s a good girl, crazy ’bout Elvis, Loves horses and her boyfriend too It’s a long day livin’ in Reseda, There’s a freeway runnin’ through the yard And I’m a bad boy, ’cause I don’t even miss her, I’m a bad boy forContinue reading “Santa Fe”

An Inspiration


On the way to someplace else. That’s me. I actually made this picture while I was standing around. During Mardi Gras. I suppose it’s a Mardi Gras picture. Or not. Even though my job is to make pictures, I only do that about 20% of the time. I spend the other 80% doing stuff. Or,Continue reading “An Inspiration”

Nine Days


You thought I forgot. I just know it. You thought I forgot that we are headed into a huge holiday. At least in New Orleans. Yes. It’s big everywhere. But, it’s huge in the city. That figures. We mask for everything. We think voodoo is a thing. We think cemeteries are haunted. All of them. ThisContinue reading “Nine Days”

Details, Details, Details…


Details, details, details. The Devil is in the details. It’s all in the details. Something like that. I think pictures are everywhere. Anywhere. We step on them. We run into them. We trip over them. It’s all just a matter of seeing. For instance, the top picture. How many times have you walked right overContinue reading “Details, Details, Details…”

Faded Door, A Door Knob and Screws


Details. Sometimes that’s where the most telling picture lies. Seeing them has become sort of an art to me. Instead of hand-eye coordination, it’s more like eye-brain coordination. You can walk right by them and they don’t register. And, I wasn’t trying to catch a decisive moment. What is decisive in this picture? Not much.Continue reading “Faded Door, A Door Knob and Screws”

I Just Can’t Help Myself


I just can’t help myself. Even though we took a drive to the country, I just had to find the old, derelict and broken down stuff. It draws me like a moth to a flame. Like raging waters to a levee. Like… oh never mind. You get it. I found these buildings in Edgard, LouisianaContinue reading “I Just Can’t Help Myself”

Little Christmas Details


I was telling a friend of mine that sometimes the most story-telling picture is a detail shot. You sorta get to the heart of things by staying away from the overall scene and focusing on a small area. This picture is maybe a little wider than I’d normally shoot for a detail shot, but color,Continue reading “Little Christmas Details”